Back in June I shared my first thoughts on the Nokia Lumia 928 I received as part of Verizon’s Lifestyle Blogger Program.
I’ve been working with the phone more and thought I’d share my five favorite Windows phone apps, in no particular order.
- Shazam – as a person who cannot live without music, no phone would be complete in my world without this app (of course, due to it’s popularity, there is probably no need for me to explain what it does).
- SkyDrive – I’ve set my phone up so that all photos I take are automagically uploaded to SkyDrive. Having all of my photos in one place made my recent photo book from Shutterfly go seamlessly.
- Windows Phone Insider – there are some fun phone customization options available with this app. Why not make the phone YOU? I used it so I could create my own ringtone with one of my current favorite songs (Rebel Beat by Goo Goo Dolls)
- Budget Buddy – as a numbers person and someone who truly believes in watching money that’s going out I needed an app which would allow me to quickly add a photo of a receipt or type in quick notes. I have a hard time remembering where I spend my cash and this app easily solves that.
- Despicable Minons – go ahead, judge me. I happen to really like those little cutie pies. (No, I haven’t seen the latest release yet and I’m totally hoping my nieces will go with me this weekend when they are here for a visit). There is no “usefulness” with this app; it’s purely for entertainment purposes. In my case, the picture accompanying this post is one of their wallpapers which I set as my lock screen image. Cute, right!?
If you’ve a Windows Phone lover (I moved from Android) I would absolutely love to have your app suggestions in the comments below.