Any Virtual Assistant with more than one or two clients knows how hairy and messy securely keeping track of passwords can be. Even just as an individual it’s all too easy to become overwhelmed with the sheer number of them we need in today’s online, cloud based world.
Over the past several years I’ve tried a number of different Chrome extensions, Firefox add-ons, paper, etc. Nothing was quite what I wanted or needed (what if I didn’t have my laptop or paper files with me or worse, what if my laptop was lost or stolen) until I was introduced to Passpack by a client of mine.
Here are some of the features I love most about Passpack:
- Free account for up to 100 saved passwords/login information
- The ability to tag entries by whatever tickles your fancy (I tag mine by client name for easy access when needed)
- Cloud-based so I can access it from any computer I’d like (I think it’s mobile too, but I’ve never had the need for that)
- Super, freaking secure. Not only do you have a regular login but you also have to enter a “unpacking key” at a future screen.
- Ability to set up team members (one is included on the free account) and to share only specific entries with those team members
If you click on the screenshot below you will be directed to their Features Tour.
If you’ve been unhappy with your current tool to securely keep your passwords check them out. Do you work with another service that is similar? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments!