Now Hiring for Part-Time Contractor Position!
Overview of what team members do:
Our team provides social media monitoring for our pharmaceutical clients during evening hours, on the weekends, and major holidays. The majority of the work is done on Facebook Pages but there is also some work done on Hootsuite (Twitter), YouTube and it’s expected that Instagram will be coming soon.
To accomplish that, we utilize a combination of tools, including third party cloud-based software, Excel and by working directly on the social media platforms as well. Our team members monitor comments left by consumers on the social networks. Each client / network has a unique workflow designed specifically for the account, which describes what steps to take based on the type of comment left on the page. Most of this work is fairly routine, however critical thinking skills and the ability to function well under pressure are necessary. We are required to have less than 1% error rate.
Our team is responsible for covering 6-10 pm CST Monday through Friday and 9 am – 10 pm CST on Saturday, Sunday, and major holidays. We split evenings shifts with people covering the shift from 6-8pm and another covering the 8-10pm shift. On weeknights we also have a secondary who is scheduled from 6-10pm who must be available as needed during those times. Weekend shifts are typically 3-4 hours in length. Our team is compensated for actual time worked, not the length of time scheduled.
Below are the various factors that determine how long a shift will go (and we don’t have control over any of these factors):
- how often the page posts content
- how engaging that content is – the more engaging it is, the more people that comment (and we have to process each comment according to the workflow)
- if the company is running any paid/sponsored posts
- how many fans a page has – the more fans they have, the more potential eyeballs there are
- how many comments include product mentions – the product mention process is more detailed because it involves Google research, emails to the team and text messages to an internal list (basically the texts alert us that we have to check our email for a product mention). If the product mention is an Adverse Event then it takes even more time as we have a long form that has to be filled out and submitted to the Pharma company. (NOTE: Not every product mention is an Adverse Event)
Right now we’re just looking to hire for our “weekend” Facebook pages. Those particular pages are just checked once every 24 hours. We’ve had shifts that are as little as 15 minutes. We have had other shifts that are 7 hours. Most of our team members who work those particular pages will check the night before to see if it’s busy and, if so, they will get a head start on the work that night.
Scheduled days: based on current needs this position will start off as a weekend only position so we need consistent, availability during our weekend hours – primarily 9 am CT through 2 pm CT (both days). The hours could increase in the future based on new assignments and other factors.
This is not a W2 employee position. It is a part-time, 1099-MISC position. The starting pay rate is $14/hr. followed by a review after the training period and a potential increase given at that time. The opportunity exists, for the right individuals, to take on more responsibilities and, as such, an increase in pay.
There is Adverse Event (AE) training that needs to be completed for each pharmaceutical company. Most are self-paced and each takes about 30 minutes. This is paid training time.
As mentioned previously, our team uses a variety of tools to perform these tasks. They include:
- Google Docs / Google Drive
- Specialized software specific to the task functions required (each team member is issued their own unique login)
- Excel (cannot be an open-source alternative such as Libre or Open Office and cannot be a free, trial version)
- Freshbooks (for time-keeping and invoicing)
- Paypal (for payment), we do not mail paper checks
- Facebook Fan Pages
- Instagram (expected in the future)
- Ability to follow written instructions
- Sharp, catches on quickly
- Scheduled days: based on current needs this position will start off as a weekend only position so we need consistent, availability during our weekend hours and major holidays – primarily 9 am CT through 2 pm CT (both days). The hours could increase in the future based on new assignments and other factors. (Having consistent weeknight availability is not necessary, but preference will be given to the candidates who have it.)
- Good written communication and comprehension skills
- Working experience with tools and software listed above (we’ll provide training on the specialized software mentioned)
- Eye for detail and critical thinking skills
- Commitment to doing an excellent job
- Must be able to handle multi-tasking and be able to have a quick turnaround with little to no errors
- Must reside in the United States and English must be your native language
- Not necessary but preferred: solid working experience with Hootsuite
- Not necessary but preferred: Twitter (either for yourself or clients) and be well-versed in all Twitter terminology