This is a guest post from Alicia Jay, who I interviewed earlier this year. It’s my pleasure to host her here today!
As a Virtual Assistant you are probably always looking to learn new things in order to grow and expand your business. I know that I am. Part of our job is to keep up with the latest information, news and training in order to best serve our clients.
So, what does this have to do with general transcription? Well, everything! If it is not currently part of your service offerings then I’m going to suggest that you consider it today. It’s definitely a service that can enhance your business. Let’s dig deeper to find out why.
How will it benefit your client?
Here are just a few ways that you can help your clients earn more cash with general transcription:
- Audio/video posts: Transcribe these for your client and use the written version as another blog post. Optimize it with keywords to bring in their readers. More eyes on their website can lead to more sales of their product or service.
- Webinars/teleseminars: Repurpose the written version into a blog post or a sellable product.
- Product Packages: Your client may currently offer a package with an audio and workbook. Add in a transcript of the audio. You are adding to the value of the package, therefore the price can be increased. You may also reach a wider audience as there are people who prefer to read versus listen to materials.
Those are just a couple of examples to get your wheels turning!
How will it benefit your business?
- You become a one-stop shop for your clients, offering all of the services that they need.
- You are their rockstar VA who told them about these great ways to add revenue to their business.
- You will increase your workload from existing clients making you more money and possible referrals.
If you’ve read this far and you’re interested in learning the skills needed to add general transcription to your business then I can help you! My General Transcription Bootcamp 6 week ecourse is scheduled to begin on January 14, 2013. I’ll teach you what you need to know in order to create perfect transcripts that your clients will love!
Best of all, there is an early bird signup price if you register by December 15th! Click here to find out all the details. There are only 10 seats available so you might as well register now so you can cross it off your to-do list.